8/02/2005

Today..day..ay..ayyy

I am the luckiest..luckiest....kiest. Man..man..an..nnn. Alive..alive..live..ivveee.

Actually EVERY day with Kara makes me the luckiest guy in the world. But it was two years ago today that she completely lost her mind and married me.

Thirteen (13!) years ago yesterday we went out on our first date. I picked her up in a 1984 Buick Regal that was most definitely not pimped out. We ate at a Bennigan's that has since been flooded and been rebuilt. She wore a "Yaga" t-shirt (a very in fashionable brand at the time) and had the chicken basket off the kid's menu. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, and has somehow managed to get more and more stunning.

I thank God for her daily.

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Nellie said...

Happy Anniversaries to both of you!! I have thought about you often today as I went about my now "normal, average" daily activities. It was a beautiful day two years ago, and we (Kara, Ruth, Sarah and I) had such fun riding in a limo to Houston to have our make-up done by professionals.

I think you are both very blessed! May you continue to grow in your relationship and may it deepen through the years. You are a lucky man, son!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger sarahdawn said...

Happy Anniversary!! I personally agree that you are a lucky man, but never forget that Kara is lucky too! You are quite a catch Mattie D!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home