11/10/2005

Important voting opportunity


There is a vitally important campaign under way. The outcome of this movement will shape not only our future, but the future of our children, and our children's children. In this culture of apathy and indifference, I feel it is my responsibility to inform as many people as possible about this issue which will determine the very fabric of our society. I speak of course about................
the McRib.




It is my contention that the McRib is the greatest fast food sandwich ever invented by humankind. It is in a word: scrumtrulescent. Since it's creation in 1982, it's lack of full time status on McDonald's menu serves to infuriate me, and yet I understand. We simple humans do not deserve access to the McRib year round. It is to be reserved for the holiday season. It is to be anticipated and missed. But for some reason, the powers that be at McD's are considering the retirement of this Hall of Fame delicacy on December 31st of this very year. I urge all of you to go here and add your voice to mine and others in protest of this potential catastrophe. We must band together. All of us. Men and women. Young and old. Republicans and Democrats. The north and the south. Even Canadians. People who eat meat and even vegans since I don't really know what makes up the rib in the McRib. And I don't care! Let your voice be heard! (unless you are not a fan of McRib then shut up!) I have to go McDonald's now. I'll see you all there.

2 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger sarahdawn said...

I too have cast my vote to save this sandwich! When I saw the big sign proclaiming the "farwell tour" I made Easy take me to McDonald's immeidately. Of course, the pregnancy hormones had soemthing to do with that as well.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Nellie said...

Haven't had one of these in a loooong time, and I don't really want one now. BUT, I remember how good they are, and I might want one in the future. So, I cast my vote in favor of keeping it.

If I need to defend my voting record on this issue, forget it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home